A thought on YA Lit


This morning (morning for me :p) I was going through my list of the blogs I follow and came across a title that called my attention. It was a post @ The Story Siren, of one of my favourite book blogs out there, that was named "The Dark Side (of Blogging)". So I read it. And couldn't believe what it said.

Someone had had the
brilliant idea of sending Kristi a hate mail, telling her she was a bit old to be reading YA, and that she was getting a lot of books, which she shouldn't cause she already had so many, so please, "save some for the rest of us". And that she had to stop blogging and give teen bloggers a chance at getting heard.

Um, hello. I am a teen, I'm 17, and I can guarantee that I get heard. If I want to I can make anyone hear me. Another thing, I love YA Lit, and I don't think I'll stop reading it in a few years, when I'm 30, or 46. If I like a genre, I'll read it. Period.

Like Maggie Stiefvater said on her blog today:
  • There's no "this is right for this age." "this is wrong for this age."
  • There's this: "This book is right for me." "This book isn't my thing."
They're saying this all started cause Kristi posted a negative review on her blog. I'm assuming "Lena" (hate mail-er) is a friend/supporter of the author's work.

Scrolling down on her blog, I realized she had 220 comments (so far), and that not all of them were nice and supportive.

This comment really stroke me:

"This is not Lena. We are the ones that sent the letter. You all are just desperate to put a label so you assume that this is Lena when it is not.

Story Siren is a selfish, greedy bitch that shouldn't review books. She doesn't know anything about young adult books and her reviews are a failure. Teen bloggers deserve YA books more than she does. Publishers are idiots for sending books to her when the majority of the people that read the books are teenagers.

She is also very petty to put that post up just to get people to defend her. Her review on Immortal is incorrect and she is purposely giving bad reviews because she knows that all her dumb followers will listen to her and not read the book."
Look at that last sentence, saying Kristi's review on Immortal was incorrect. This tells me that I'm right assuming "Lena" is what I said earlier.

You want to know what I think of this? I think these "Anons" (if you had a bit of decency you'd comment with your name, or at least a fake one) have nothing -
nothing- better to do, and I'm sure they wanted to draw so much attention to themselves like they are doing, so that this could become a Book Blogging Battle between Kristi's Army and The Anons.

So, I'm not going to pay anymore attention to these people.
Kristi, you shouldn't either. You rock. Period.

Love,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

n

Blog Archive

sexy cars girls entertainment Copyright © 2010 Templatemo | Converted into Blogger Template by BloggerTheme