NaNo Update #1, + Cover and Excerpt from my NaNo novel

So, 7 days after having started writing,
I have a word cound of
8,017 words.
According to my Nano Stats widget, I should be having a word count of 10,000 words.
But seeing that I couldn't write neither yesterday, nor the day before, not because of laziness,
but because of school (grrr!), I'm well on my track.
I just set myself a goal to write 2,000 words (or more, if possible) today.
We'll see how that goes.

Also, I was on the Procrastination Station 2 days ago, and read something in the Forums that caught my attention.
Some people are actually making mock book trailers for their NaNo novels!
And I thought, what a great idea!
I should make one for my NaNo too!
So, right now I'm on campaign to get everything I need to make a cool trailer.
I'll let you know how it goes.

I'm pretty confident with the way my novel's coming along.
Which is why I'll share an excerpt with you today.
I hope you'll leave a comment, telling me what you thought of it.
You don't have to love it, or even like it,
just tell me something about it.
:)

They’re after me. Even without looking over my shoulder, I know they are. I’m running over a stone path. I’m being chased, and I’m running as fast as I can. But they’re close, too close. I turn around now, and I see them, coming toward me. They’re getting closer, and they’re stronger than me. I try not to look back, not to scream, but I fail to do both. The blue girl and the tatooed man are after me, a wicked smile covering their faces. And the house beyond them stays still, but not oblivious. They laugh at the hollow yell that escapes my throat, but keep on coming.
I look in front of me, searching for what he told me to search. I have to keep on running, have to leave all of this behind me. But how could I? How could I ever leave him?
I wasn’t leaving this house forever, I knew that much. I’d have to come back for him soon.
My legs hurt, I can barely run anymore. Come on, you can do it.
I hear the highway. I’m almost there. I have to get there fast, before they catch me. But, where are they? Why haven’t they caught me by now? I’m afraid to look. But I still turn my head around, only to see that they’re gone. Not for long, I think. They wouldn’t let their ‘treasure’ escape so easily. They’re out here somewhere.
I see lights, coming from the highway. I’m reaching it, I’m there, I’m standing in the middle of it-
Buzz, buzz.
The alarm goes off. I wake up.


Here's my self made cover!
What do you think?
I went from "Dreamer", to "Darkest Dreams", and ended up with "Darkest Nights"!
ps: my friend Diane from The Book Resort posted her excerpt on her blog too!
Go check it out!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

n

Blog Archive

sexy cars girls entertainment Copyright © 2010 Templatemo | Converted into Blogger Template by BloggerTheme