The Dark Divine (The Dark Divine, #1), by Bree Despain

Spanish Cover
The Dark Divine by Bree Despain on Goodreads

Release Date: December 22nd, 2009, USA - October 13th, 2010, Spain
Age Group: Young Adult
Publisher: Egmont USA, USA - Ediciones B, Spain
Pages: 310 (Spanish Edition)
Overall: 4 Monkeys
Source: Bought - Paperback
Interest: Series
Other Titles in the Series: The Lost Saint (The Dark Divine, #2)
Read in March 2011


Summary from Goodreads:
A Prodigal Son

A Dangerous Love

A Deadly Secret


Grace Divine—daughter of the local pastor—always knew something terrible happened the night Daniel Kalbi disappeared and her brother Jude came home covered in his own blood.

Now that Daniel's returned, Grace must choose between her growing attraction to him and her loyalty to her brother.

As Grace gets closer to Daniel, she learns the truth about that mysterious night and how to save the ones she loves, but it might cost her the one thing she cherishes most: her soul.
My Opinion:

It took me a while to get into this book. I'd read half of it when I felt that spark I love feeling when I'm reading. The spark that tells me, "This is an awesome book!" It took a while for me to sense it, but in the end, I wasn't disappointed.
The Dark Divine's pace is slow-ish at first, but the ending, OH MY the ending... I need answers, and I need them now!

The relationship between Grace and Daniel is beautifully written, not rushed or forced, which is what I love about book romances. Both characters are great, Grace always doing the right thing, and Daniel... well, trying to stay away but failing miserably. 

Grace's family is very religious, and I cannot imagine it any other way. It made a lot of the things that were happening make much more sense and in the end, when it came to saving souls, you could understand the character's actions a whole lot better. 

Bree's writing is amazing. Like I said, it was a bit too slow for me at first, but then I got everything I'd been waiting for at the end. All the drama, action, love and suspense condensed in the last five chapters. 

Things are not what they seem in this book, and as hard as you try to guess what the outcome will be, you won't be right every time.

-----------------

Does anyone else think the cover had nothing to do with the book? I mean, I love it and I'd definitely have picked the book up in bookstore just because of it, if I hadn't know what the book was about; but I just feel it's there to distract us from the real topic of the book, and nothing more. I don't know if I'm making any sense... 


xo,
Ella

0 comments:

Post a Comment

n

Blog Archive

sexy cars girls entertainment Copyright © 2010 Templatemo | Converted into Blogger Template by BloggerTheme